FOOD Pilots – FOOD PRODUCT DATA ANALYTICS
Food Product Data Analytics – The Case of Stevia Hellas Cooperative (AK)
There are more than 250.000 micro and small food production companies only in Europe and they are employing 3.2 million people. These companies are straggling to discover information that will help them to address food production problems and to increase their efficiency. A vertical food production unit like the Stevia Hellas Cooperative faces on a daily basis numerous challenges, namely:
- Which is the opinion for its product and other related products that the target customer segments have?
- To which customer segments should be the focus of the marketing campaign?
- How the competitive products are marketed and which are their strategy?
- How it can be informed for the latest cultivation techniques that can improve the yield?
These challenges could be addressed by delivering available information in social and agri-food specialized sources through friendly and easy to use applications.
- To develop a technical solution for a vertical food production unit like the Stevia Hellas Cooperative that will allow collection, processing and presentation of information from (a) social media about users’ opinions and (b) publications about latest cultivation techniques that can improve the yield
- To exploit open datasets from (a) social media (e.g. Twitter) and (b) repositories with publications (e.g. FAO AGRIS)
The beta version of the pilot application has already been developed and it is currently being used and tested by the managers, the agronomists and the farmers of the Stevia Hellas Cooperative.
The Stevia pilot application is available here.
Download here the food product data analytics pilot postcard.